Friday, February 19, 2010

Catching up with the times

Everyone else has had a blog for several years now. I'm just starting mine. Not sure I have anything worth blogging about, but it's free, so why not, right?
Things you might find here include, but are not limited to, funny stories from my kids (I have several of these over on myspace that I'll transfer), pictures of things I've made (I get a crafty streak every now and then), recipes that I've tried and liked (no amazing chef skills here, but if my kids and husband like it, then yours might too) and whatever else strikes me as worthy of talking about. You probably won't find many deep thoughts or talk about politics. I think I'm deep enough. I just don't spend a bunch of time thinking or trying to think. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just not me.
To start out with one funny story from my kids. When I was picking up my kids from school today Claire came up to me and asked, "Do you know where your perfume comes from?" I said, "Uhmmm...from the store." She said, "No, it comes from a beaver's butt! A boy in my class told me that!" Well, maybe SOME perfumes come from animal butts, but mine came from Elder-Beerman and if it's made from beaver's butts then Lancome is charging WAY too much!

2 comments:

  1. You will be so glad that you've written down all the funny stuff. Well worth your time.

    I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY - I love blogs :) I used to be a good blogger, but now I am just a slacker! It will be fun to read one written by someone I actually know!

    ReplyDelete