Monday, October 11, 2010

Let there be lawnmowers

Anyone who has read my older posts, knows that many an interesting conversation has taken place in my car, amongst my kids. This Saturday may have been one of the best. We stopped at the drive-thru for some soda and the guy gave each of the kids a Sweet Tart sucker. I guess they've never had one before because they were quite excited. FREE CANDY! Doesn't take much more than that to excite my kiddos! So, here's my memory of the conversation...

Gavin: I wonder who was the inventor of these?!
Claire: God
Garret: Yah, cuz He made everything
Claire: Yah, like food and candy!
...continued talking about everything that God created...
(now here's the best part!)
Garret: I know how God made things. He just says like 'Let there be lawnmowers...and there are lawnmowers.'
Gavin: Yah, and 'Let there be suckers!'

1 comment:

  1. haha. Love this kind of conversation - it is so real. :o)

    ReplyDelete