Friday, April 8, 2011

Pride!!!

Right now I am wishing like crazy that I did not give up facebook for lent.  I am bursting and the seams with pride and want so badly to post this there!  But, alas, if Jesus could fast in the desert for 40 days, surely I can not post on facebook for the same length of time.  Since I can't post there, you, my 18 followers, are gonna have to do.  Please comment so I'll feel the love and excitement!!!!

My daughter got an absolutely PERFECT report card!  First grade, so all Os (for outstanding) and all pluses under the individual grades (as opposed to minuses or checks), including behavior.  She could not have done any better on any area than what she did.  I almost cried over it!

OK, so I'm a little crazy.  All 3 of my kids have been on the honor roll every grading period so far (which also makes me very proud), but there have always been areas for improvement.  An S here, a check there, the occasional minus for something (usually behavior - DH's fault, for sure - haha).  I was one of "those" kids who had to get straight As every single time.  I cried when I got my first B in third grade, got only a few C's throughout junior high and high school and never got a D on anything.  So, although my kids do great in school and I brag on them like crazy and am so super proud of them, this level of perfection just swells me that much more with pride!

Sis, YOU ROCK!!!!!

2 comments: