Monday, April 4, 2011

Random (and not deep) thoughts

OK, so here are a few thoughts that sometimes pop into my head. I consider facebooking them, but then realize that no one really cares about this stuff. Ha! So, if you make the choice to read on you may have a laugh or 2, or you may be left thinking "I'll never get those 5 minutes of my life back".

Dear Clinique - please make your waxy eyebrow pencil in a screw-up-able form. I am tired of constantly sharpening mine. And half the time I knock the newly sharpened point into the toilet (because I shave it over the toilet and let the shavings fall in) or into the sink. I love the product, but hate the delivery. Thanks!

My husband currently only has 6 pairs of underwear. No wonder he's always running out of clean pairs. ***UPDATE*** In case you're worried, I bought an 8 pack so the underwear situation is under control once again!

Who decided that indigo should be part of the rainbow, or ROY G. BIV? Isn't indigo just a combination of blue and violet and therefore a tertiary (I think) color? No different from yellow-green or red-orange, etc. How does indigo get included? I feel this is not just to the other tertiary colors!

Why is it that every time you come into some extra money, you end up needing it for something and it doesn't end up being extra after all. I guess to be glass-half-full, I should be happy that we have the "extra" there to cover what it's needed for, but I feel more glass-half-empty about it since it happens way too often.  **UPDATE** Feeling way more glass-half-full about the money deal since I wrote the first half of this a while back (it takes me some time to compile random and not deep thoughts).  This month we unexpectedly came up quite a bit short on money.  And then we got money from 3 different sources that we don't usually get it from.  So, life's not always out to get ya. :)

It is sad that my memory is now so terrible that I originally came here to add another "thought" to the list, but after seeing the previous money thought and updating it, I now have NO CLUE what  the first thought was that I was going to add.  GRRRRR!!!  I blame the kids!

Oh, hooray, after clicking on the other tab that I had open in my browser, I remembered what prompted me to open my blog!  Has anyone seen the new Rachel Ray cooking show where she does a week's worth of cooking in one day?  Personally, I think she's missing the boat on that one.  The whole point of cooking several meals at once is to use the same ingredient/cooking method in several different dishes and therefore save prep time and clean up time.  She saves no time, just does 5 unrelated meals back to back.  I only watched 2 episodes before I deleted it from the DVR schedule, but in those 2 episodes I only saw her use ONE ingredient in more than one of her week's worth of meals.  I could so do that show WAY better...minus the raspy voice, of course.

Given the choices of Rick, Rich, Ricky, Richy why is it that people named Richard choose to have people call them Dick?

I gave up Facebook for lent...other than replying to messages and wall posts that are sent to me.  I'm amazed at how little I miss it.

Keep an eye out for a couple of recipe blogs that I need to post.  One for a frappuccino mix!  YUMMO!!!  And another for what I call "Summer Delight" which is a crowd pleasing dessert that includes pudding, fresh fruit, angel food cake and chocolate!  And also a tutorial for making really cool flowers out of old satin shirts.

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHA! I laughed at the Richard to Dick comment. Also, way to go on fasting FB. I thought about that for a minute and then completely panicked thinking about being unplugged for so long and gave up dessert instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time you posted again. Can't tell you how many times I've checked...

    I gave up meat for Lent. A first for me. I don't miss it too much, but it's hard to cook...so, I don't! haha.

    ReplyDelete